Tuesday, May 01, 2007

'Swingy Ruffles' Bag: Visual Aids


Here's a published design for which I had the rare foresight to take pics as I went. It's on p. 58 of 100 Purses to Knit and Crochet, ed. by Jean Leinhauser & Rita Weiss (Sterling, 2006). This bag is a stiff-sided trapezoidal box shape smothered with ruffles. I think the finished bag is hard to capture in photos because to me it comes out looking like a big ruffly lump, whereas if you saw it in person, you see how the ruffles move against the stiffened structure. I mean, this bag has corners. I'm thinking now that if I'd tried getting a photo of the inside of the bag, the structure would be really obvious. (I'm still learning how to make a picture speak a thousand words.)
It has a magnetic closure and a silver jewelry-like chain handle that's long enough for over the shoulder, or it can be doubled up to carry as a handbag.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Each comment is like a pretty bead in a necklace. Please add one!