Thursday, October 19, 2006

Audiobooks in Vogue Knitting Article


Welcome, Vogue Knitting readers!
The Holiday 2006 issue of Vogue Knitting has an article by Joanne Seiff about listening to audiobooks while knitting (or in my case, crocheting). On p. 50 I'm quoted as saying, "...Once I made a winter cardigan of hand-painted smoky-mauve shades while listening to a novel about a modern-day Englishwoman who keeps having longer and longer past-life flashbacks of medieval Wales. That sweater takes me back to medieval times even now."

The full book info: Lady of Hay by Barbara Erskine. I listened to an unabridged version narrated by Judith Boyd; Clipper Audio dist. by Recorded Books p1999, c1997, ISBN 1841970271.

In the article I go on to say, "I made another sweater with a particularly opulent and luxurious yarn while listening to a sumptuous biographical novel of the last empress of China."

The full book info: Empress Orchid by Anchee Min. The version I listened to is narrated by Alexandra O'Karma; Recorded Books, unabridged, p2004, ISBN 1402574959.

In case you're curious, the audiobook I'm about to begin is: The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood, unabridged and narr. by Laural Merlington, Brilliance Audio Library Editions, ISBN-13: 978-1-4233-0778-5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Each comment is like a pretty bead in a necklace. Please add one!