It's like a blogrite of blogpassage (it's my first time) and isn't "meme" a cool word? So let's see, the tagger says I should post the rules, which are:
"Each person tagged gives seven random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write in their blogs seven facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and need to read your blog."
OK: Seven Random Facts About Me:
1. In 5th grade I learned how to sing the names of all 50 states, in strict alphabetical order, and I can still do it. It's permanently etched in my brain. If I ever must recite something to stay alive or avoid a coma, this would be it.
2. I just learned that one of my ancestors, an aunt, was hanged as a witch in Salem. That's pretty random, right?
3. I can spell 99% of the words in the English language correctly. I wish I had grown up in a time and place where I could have competed in Spelling Bees. Since this is a list of facts, and 99% is kind of a ballpark figure, it might be more like 98%. (This isn't an invitation for spelling or grammar police to add harassing comments on my blog! I don't approve of any language policing. Conversely, I have immense respect for people who COULD correct people and DON'T unless asked. If any spelling-challenged folks are reading this, don't worry, I don't police people's spelling.)
4. I learned how to meditate (Transcendental Meditation) when I was 9, and learned how to crochet sometime before that. I know because when I learned how to meditate I thought, "Hey! This makes me feel the same way that crocheting does!"
5. My first car was a white Firebird. When I drove it fast enough I felt like I was on a 'fine Arab charger' as Mick Jagger would say. I don't really enjoy driving a car unless it feels like a horse.
6. I've been some variation of vegetarian for a total of about half of my life (such as macrobiotic, vegan, raw foodist, ovo-lacto, etc) and currently am not. Even when I'm doing the meat thing, I still eat lotsa veggies and nearly zero red meats.
7. I lived on the Bahamian island of Eleuthera for the 4 hottest months of the year. Then I moved to Maine in time for winter. (I didn't plan it that way.)
And now I get to tag 7 people! How about Bud, Noreen, Angela, Chie, Annette, Robyn, X (I'm waiting to hear if her blog is private).