Friday, February 25, 2011

Crochet, the Sixth Sense

must show you what arrived in the mail this month for my birthday:


It's a pretty gift bag full of Gifts for the Senses. It so happens that when it arrived, I was home all day every day taking care of my son who had a nasty flu. Imagine the cheer it brought to both of us! 


We played with each little gift -- a classic tin kaleidoscope for the Sense of Sight, a sweet French lavender sachet for the Sense of Smell, a pretty seashell for the Sense of Sound. 


A gift basket for the five senses is a great idea, isn't it? What really moved me was how crochet added to the total experience. A Lettuce Coral Crochet Kit represents the Sense of Touch -- you can see the box at the lower left corner of the second photo. 


Lettuce Coral is not just any crochet kit. It's designed and packaged by Kathleen Greco (she's a fellow Aquarian who created Gifts for the Senses and sent me this gift). Her crochet corals are part of the Hyperbolic Crochet Coral Reef that is currently on display at the Smithsonian


This is also not just any hyperbolic crochet; it's created with Kathleen's own Jelly Yarn(R), which has long fascinated my sense of touch LOL. I love that the contrasting color at the coral edge glows in the dark


And then there's the Sixth Sense, the Sense of Crochet. Don't you love this idea? That's what crochet is for me, a sixth sense! In this sweet little pink gift bag* is a bracelet Kathleen made herself, with a glass heart charm. 


*I'm using these pretty gift bags for my on-the-go crochet projects. They're weightless in my purse!

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of crochet as a sixth sense! What a terrific gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:30 PM

    What a wonderful gift! And I LOVE the idea of glow in the dark yarn. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comments!

    ReplyDelete

Each comment is like a pretty bead in a necklace. Please add one!