Monday, March 15, 2010

Really Happy Crochet Design News!

Behold two newsy items!
First, my Tokyo Jacket design (above right, in green) has been nominated for a Flamie Award for Best Crochet Design (for Adults) of 2009! I'm honored and excited to be included in a category of many excellent designs. For more photos of the Tokyo Jacket (and the full free pattern), click here

Second, the Five Peaks Shawl (above left in plum), is now officially revealed in the Spring 2010 issue of Interweave Crochet magazine. It's my recent experiment in cornerstart Tunisian crochet.
Check out the bonus views, such as at left. I took lots of my own photos--of the construction process, blocking, and different wearing styles (in different kinds of lighting!). View them in my Flickr album and on its Ravelry design page. I've previously blogged about this design here and here (concerning new Tunisian hook options) and here, but I had to be sneaky about it :-)

If the Tokyo Jacket looks familiar, it might be because it has appeared in this blog twice before. One post announced the release of the free pattern at NaturallyCaron.com, and another offered tips for making good-lookin' tall crochet stitches, which I developed while working on this design.

Please cast your votes for the Flamies by March 22, 2010 by clicking here; this takes you to a blog post that includes a link to the ballot in survey format. (If I give you the direct ballot link here, I'm told it might not work; it might think you've already voted).

For the Annual Flamies Awards FAQ, click here.


5 comments:

  1. Congratulations, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I voted for you!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats and good luck! I voted for you! Thanks also for the pattern - this is just the wow garment I was looking for to make for Chainlink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Ms. Vashti, I hope you don't mind I blogged a bit about you and have linked to your blog in a post I made about making your Renaissance Tunic. You can have a look here: http://foraysintocrochet.blogspot.com/2010/03/shame-on-me.html and let me know if there's anything you'd like me to change! Thanks, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for voting!
    Danielle, I don't mind at all, I'm flattered :-)

    ReplyDelete

Each comment is like a pretty bead in a necklace. Please add one!