Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Icy Bling for Warm Climes

Crocheted this up and wore it with a white shirt and white shimmery eyeshadow for my first day of holiday shopping, humming "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" even though it was 82 degrees. Had worn its prototype to the CGOA conference and Deanna vanAssche said, "WILMA FLINTSTONE!!" and so we did a deal and she took it home. Made another, wore it to my son's school, and all the third-grade girls were mesmerized and asked if they were real (I said yes....). Made another with red and green crystal drops, and my neighbor, Kathy, took that one home.

I MISS SNOW! It's HOT here. I'm sorry to complain but it's been summer all year. People here are actually getting heatstroke and heat exhaustion. I have to remind myself to drink enough water. We need the A/C on to be able to sleep at night.

I have some mighty-fine alpacas, merinos, and cashmeres in my yarn stash but am nowhere near able to enjoy crocheting them or wearing them. I keep eyeing the linens and cottons.

Anne blogged the best list I've ever read of what is lovable about snow. I grew up in Wisconsin and her list brought back memories!

2 comments:

  1. No fair tormenting us, Vashti, with your 82 degrees, and how much you hate it! And then teasing us with those great looking bracelets! (Remember your mentor! Hint hint.) :-)
    Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:31 PM

    Ah, Vashti, if you want to see pics of ice and snow and frost, you need to check my blog! LOL!
    We have had the most incredibly beautiful frost - I can't remember it ever being so gorgeous.
    And, you are right.... 82 degrees is just wrong for this time of year!
    Happy New Year!
    hugs
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete

Each comment is like a pretty bead in a necklace. Please add one!