Thursday, January 01, 2009

2009 Crochet Manifesto

On this New Year's Day I'm reorganizing my "studio"--the creation zones in my house--and I thought I'd share with you a manifesto that I originally posted in my designing space on April 14, 2008. Doesn't "New Year's Day Manifesto" have a nice ring to it? (I also like how my 9 year old has always said New Year's "revolutions" instead of "resolutions".)

The original Manifesto, word for word, unedited:

Every stitch made is a treasure, not to have but as a record of an experience; it's the doing.

Each stitch is a microcosm; contains a world within; because it is the gestalt of a zillion choices and per-moment expression. It is a snapshot.

The goal is the experience of process. The process is the expression of is-ness. Expression of is-ness is creation.

Every kind of experience is possible; one is not more valuable than another*. Some may be more preferable, but perceptions change and the less-preferred can become the preferred. This is a mystery of creation/expression.

*Every kind of opinion is therefore also possible.

I remember that I was thinking about certain swatches I have lying around when I wrote that last one.
Time for me to go back to reorganizing. I was inspired to carpe diem and post this New Year's Manifesto after reading Kim Werker's post about the creative life.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:04 PM

    That is a beautiful manifesto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:22 AM

    I agree with Kiba. It's beautiful and resonant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your manifesto is touchy I really like The goal......

    Happy New Year and succes always,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this. Healing insight,
    warm light.

    ReplyDelete

Each comment is like a pretty bead in a necklace. Please add one!