Tuesday, November 13, 2007

CGOA Gets a Meme!


Let's do the first-ever meme for CGOA, inspired by a recent topic that came up in the CGOA-membership yahoo group: "Are you crocheting something that you would not be crocheting if you were not a CGOA Member?" Here are the rules for participating in the CGOA Meme:

1. Begin by including a link to this post and a link to the person who tagged you.
2. Answer the above question (Are you crocheting something that you would not be crocheting if you were not a CGOA Member?), or more broadly this question: "How has your experience of crochet been changed by your CGOA membership?" Give a single one-line answer, or more for extra credit.
3. End by linking to 3 (or 5, for extra credit) other bloggers among whom you'd like to see squirm publicly with this challenging, yet strangely satisfying essay question.

My answer is, since joining CGOA in 2001:
-- I have a gazillion more crocheting friends and by now some of them have become close friends (you know who you are).
-- Without CGOA I most certainly wouldn't have 3 years of crochet designing under my belt by now. Designing would hav remained a fuzzy childhood fantasy indefinitely but CGOA made it a reality so fast and effortlessly that my head was spinning.
-- CGOA exposed me to crochet as art. The yahoo group Crochet Partners introduced me to skill-refining info and to CGOA, but it's CGOA that introduced me to the really big picture: artcrochet.

Now I'll tag 5 blogging guildmems: Marty, Laurie, Kim, Amy, Dee. Narrowing it down to these 5 took me 15 minutes!! But I figure I can predict who y'all will tag so that most everyone's covered.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:05 AM

    HELLO EVERYBODY

    I AM INDIAN. MRS POLLY BARDHAN. I AM ALSO KEEP KEEN INTEREST IN CROCHET I SAW YOUR DESIGN IT IS EXCELLENT SPECIALLY DESIGN OF ELEPHANT THAT IS TOO GOOD.

    IF POSSIBLE CAN YOU PLEASE SEND THE GRAPH OF ELEPHANT DESIGN.

    I WILL BE THANKFULL TO YOU.

    ALL THE BEST.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mrs Bardhan, thank you for visiting! I do not know what elephant design you mean.
    Sincerely,
    Vashti

    ReplyDelete

Each comment is like a pretty bead in a necklace. Please add one!